Mt 14:34And when they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret.
Mt 14:35And when the men of that place recognized him, they sent around to all that region and brought to him all who were sick
Mt 14:36and implored him that they might only touch the fringe of his garment. And as many as touched it were made well.
A few quick thoughts come to mind when I read these great verses:
(1) Apparently, the woman with the flow of blood that touched Jesus’ garment was not alone in her thinking.
(2) When desperate lives see Jesus, they find hope
(3) It’s a mistake to belittle and assume little of those who take small, quiet, and unassuming steps of faith. Not all massive steps of faith look massive. In a culture that celebrates the big and the wow and the loud, this is so important to hear.
(4) Jesus never fails!! I love the phrase – “As many as touched it were made well”
(5) See Jesus. Come to Jesus. Touch Jesus. Be healed by Jesus. That’s the order here. The human effort of coming and touching is capped on both sides by the person of Jesus and the power of Jesus. He starts the work and he ends the work.